Application: May 22, 2020
Pärssinen is currently working on a solo work called Wanderlust, in which she explores the dialogue between wandering in nature and her own identity. For the above work, she is looking for an experienced video artist, who is especially interested about the topic.
The English word Wanderlust means desire for the wandering or longing. Wandering in nature or on top of a mountain can be equated with constant movement and a process of change. Feminist writer Rebecca Solnit describes in her book Men explain things to me: “Still, wandering can also be a way to dream, imagine and hear yourself.” In my solo process, I am therefore interested in observing how wandering on top of the mountain is linked into my own growth story, where our own identity is shaped and not bound by familiarity.
The video artist’s work includes:
• Wandering together in the High Tatras, Slovakia or in the Nordic countries in 2020 (depending on the corona situation).
• The design work of a video artist should be active and counterproductive. In other words, I especially expect the video artist’s own vision for implementation.
• The work would, of course, include filming and editing work.
• The work as a whole would take about 2 weeks
• Salary and filming travel and accommodation expenses are paid for the work.
The work is supported by a project grant from the City of Espoo and an artist grant from Taike – Art Promotion Center for Nadja Pärssinen in 2020.
Free-form applications by 22.5.2020: (Title. Wanderlust video artist)
• Tell briefly about yourself and why you would be interested in the topic of Wanderlust solo project and include 1-3 samples of your work.
• After a quick application process, there will be an invitation to the interview!
Further information: Nadja Pärssinen, & +358401497025