Application: February 15, 2022
Catalysti is an association of transcultural artists living in Finland. We currently seek a part-time artistic director for our new developmental project Catalysti 2.0 (2022-2024). During this time, we will be working towards making Catalysti a multi-voiced organisation with an active support environment and creating a new working model based on transparency, paid labour, and equal opportunities while expanding our national and international collaborations. This application is to be one of two artistic directors who share duties (each 50%) and are responsible for the oversight of Catalysti’s operations, administrative tasks, and the realisation and development of our programming for one year. They will also take meetings and report to the board.
An interest in working with art-based initiatives and creative support organisms and community building is a must, and some curatorial experience is a big plus. The ideal candidate is self-organised and would have experience in event production—working within timetables, communicating with participants, and executing events. Since we cater to a transcultural base, comfort in an English working setting is needed. The job requires proficiency in MS Office or Google Suite—knowing WordPress and Miro is also a plus.
You and your Co-Artistic Director will be responsible for—
- Working closely with your co-director and managing Catalysti’s day to day operations.
- Developing Catalayti’s digital presence and creating content such as press releases, social media posts and news.
- Maintaining current and developing new collaborative relationships with other organisations in the field.
- Evolving the association’s activities and working with partners.
- Organising a large scale exhibition and two artists workshops.
- The writing of any grant applications.
- Working with the Board
- One year contract, starting 1.3.2022 – 28.2.2023
- Part-time work (50%) – 18.25 hours/week.
- The salary is 1,250.00€ per month.
- Catalysti members will be given preference in the selections process, but it is not mandatory to be a current member.
- The Catalysti board shortlists applications, and an independent jury from the member’s pool is invited and tasked with choosing the successful candidate.
- All applicants will be notified by February 20th.
Apply via the application form by February 15th.
The application consists of five questions and asks for your CV and a motivation letter (Max 2000 characters).
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions about the application.
Catalysti is an association that strives to combat inequity within the contemporary art field. We encourage applications from candidates of varied ages, genders and linguistic, cultural or other minorities. If you belong to any of these groups, please feel free to indicate this in your application. All information is processed confidentially.